2 cups cherry tomatoes, halved
½ cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
1 (16-oz.) package angel hair pasta
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
6 cloves garlic, minced
Panko Parmesan Crisp:
1 heaping tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
½ cup panko crumbs
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon cracked black pepper
1 tablespoon pine nuts, optional
3 tablespoons fresh parsley, finely chopped
3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
8 (1-inch) slices salmon
Salt and pepper, to taste
2–3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
1 head garlic, halved lengthwise
2–3 tablespoons Mehadrin Butter Blend
1. Prepare the pasta: Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place cherry tomatoes on the baking sheet and drizzle with
2 tablespoons oil. Roast 30 minutes and set aside to cool.
3. While the tomatoes roast, cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
4. In a skillet, heat remaining ½ cup oil. Add salt and pepper,
turn off the heat, and add minced garlic.
5. Pour garlic oil over the pasta. Add roasted tomatoes, mixing
to distribute evenly. Set aside.
6. Prepare the panko Parmesan crisp: In a skillet, heat oil.
Add panko, salt, pepper, and pine nuts (if using). Stir 1–2
minutes, until crumbs are golden. Let cool.
7. Mix in parsley and Parmesan. Set aside until serving time.
8. Prepare salmon: Season salmon slices with salt and pepper.
9. In a skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over high heat until pan is
piping hot and oil is shimmering. Reduce heat to medium and add salmon, skin side down. Do not cook more than 3 slices
at a time so as not to crowd the skillet.
10. Add half the head of garlic, placing it face down in the skillet
to infuse the oil.
11. As the salmon cooks, it will start turning light pink.
Cook 5–6 minutes and then gently turn over.
12. Add 1 tablespoon butter and sear another 5 minutes, basting as it cooks.
13. Wipe pan clean and repeat until all salmon is cooked.
14. To serve: Plate some of the finished pasta and top with the prepared crisp and seared salmon.