2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, diced
2 pounds ground meat
2 eggs, beaten
½ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ cup panko crumbs or gluten-free panko crumbs
1 package mini pretzel slider buns
1-2 Roma tomatoes, sliced
Lettuce, for garnish
1 26-ounce jar marinara sauce
26 ounces water (using the marinara jar)
7 ounces apricot preserves
- In a frying pan, heat the oil and sauté the onion in the oil till golden. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine the sautéed onions, meat, eggs, garlic powder, and crumbs.
- In a medium pot, combine the marinara sauce, water, and apricot preserves, and bring to a boil.
- Form meatballs from the meat mixture and add to the sauce. Reduce the heat and simmer for 60 minutes.
- Assemble the sliders: Cut the mini buns in half and fill or assemble with the meatballs, lettuce and tomato. Add your favorite condiments.
Yield: 25 meatballs