Serves: 10-12 Scoops
¼ teaspoon cream of tartar
1½ cups sugar, divided
1½ teaspoons mint extract
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
½ cup canola or vegetable oil
½ cup water
8 drops green food coloring
¼ cup mini chocolate chips
You will also need:
1.5-lb. loaf pan
1. Separate eggs, adding the whites to the bowl
of an electric stand mixer fitted with the
whisk attachment and the yolks to a separate heat-safe bowl (such as metal or glass).
2. Add cream of tartar to the whites. Beat on
high speed, slowly adding 1 cup sugar, until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
3. To the yolks, add mint extract, vanilla extract, oil, water, and the remaining ½ cup sugar.
4. Bring a small pot of water to a boil, then reduce heat to a simmer.
5. Place the bowl containing the yolk mixture on the pot, over the simmering water. Stir about
5 minutes to temper the yolks. The ingredients will combine evenly and turn a lighter shade
6. Gently fold tempered yolks and food coloring into the beaten whites. Add chocolate chips and gently fold in those, too.
7. Using a spatula, gently transfer the mousse to the loaf pan.
8. Freeze at least 5 hours. Do not remove from the freezer more than 5 minutes before serving.