1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
¼ cup brown sugar Splenda or your choice of sweetener
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
1 large egg
1½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon salt
24 wonton wrappers
2 tablespoons chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 12-cup muffin pan with cooking spray.
2. In the bowl of your mixer, beat together the pumpkin puree, brown sugar substitute, almond milk, egg, pumpkin pie spice, ginger and salt.
3. Place a wonton wrapper in the bottom of each prepared muffin cup (the corners will stick up), then lightly coat the wontons with cooking spray. Place a second wonton wrapper on top of the first one in each cup (you can place it on an angle to make it pretty).
4. Divide the filling evenly among the muffin cups. Smooth the filling with the back of a spoon and sprinkle with pecans.
5. Bake until wontons are crispy and browned, about 13-17 minutes. Check the tartlets after 3-4 minutes to see if the edges are starting to burn. If they are, cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil and continue baking until the filling is set.
Yield: 12 tartlets
(Count 1-2 tartlets as a serving, depending on your plan.)