4 pieces club steak, about 6-8 ounces each
½ cup pineapple juice
¼ cup soy sauce
2 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
4 tablespoons red wine vinegar
4 tablespoons brown sugar
3 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
½ teaspoon ground ginger
½ teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon salt
1 cup fresh sliced pineapple
- In a small bowl, whisk together the pineapple juice, soy sauce, teriyaki sauce, red wine vinegar, brown sugar, garlic, ginger, salt, and pepper. Reserve 2 tablespoons of the marinade in a separate dish (to brush the steaks on the grill).
- Place the meat in a large Ziploc bag with the pineapple marinade, seal, and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight for best results.
- Preheat a grill pan to medium heat. Season both sides of each steak lightly with coarse salt and black pepper.
- Lightly grease grill pan and cook the marinated steak for 5 to 7 minutes on each side, occasionally brushing the steak with reserved marinade. Remove steaks from the grill and let rest for 5 to 6 minutes.
- While the steak is resting, grill the pineapple slices until grill marks appear, 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Serve steaks alongside the grilled pineapple.
Yield: 4 servings