1 veal pocket
1-2 large meat or vegetable kishke rolls
2 packs onion soup mix
1 cup orange juice
½ cup white wine
2 oranges, sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place your veal pocket roast in a large pan or baking sheet.
2. Using your hands, start stuffing the inside of the pocket with mashed-up kishke. In my house, the more stuffed the better, but to your preference.
3. Using both packets of the onion soup mix, slather the entire veal roast with its contents.
4. Let the roast sit for about 30 minutes and soak up the flavor.
5. Then pour the orange juice and wine over and around the veal roast. Place the orange slices around the roast.
7. Bake, covered, in oven for 30-40 minutes and then uncovered for another 20-25 minutes, or until completely cooked through and is a nice golden color.