4 halibut fillets with skin on
4 poblano peppers, halved and seeds removed
2 large green peppers, halved and seeds removed
3 lemons, thinly sliced
1 cup cilantro (or parsley), coarsely chopped
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more
4 garlic cloves, crushed
1 red onion, thinly sliced
Coarse black pepper
Cilantro and parsley, for garnish
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. On a lined baking sheet toss poblanos, green peppers and lemons in 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil. Place peppers flesh-side down. Bake until pepper skins begin to bubble and brown and lemons crisp, about 20 minutes.
3. Once peppers cool, remove skins and halve each pepper slice. Place skinned peppers, lemons, cilantro, crushed garlic, red onion and ½ cup olive oil in an ovenproof baking dish. Sprinkle with kosher salt and pepper and combine.
4. Rinse and pat dry fish. Season each fillet with 2 teaspoons olive oil, a sprinkle of kosher salt and coarse black pepper.
5. Set fish on top of lemon-pepper mixture. Reduce oven temperature to 300°F. Bake fish on the middle rack of the oven for 15-20 minutes or until just cooked through.
6. Garnish fish dish with fresh cilantro and parsley, and serve.