1 tablespoon olive oil
1 large onion, diced
1 heaping tablespoon smoked paprika
2 teaspoons garlic powder
1 teaspoon curry powder (optional)
1 tablespoon dried parsley
Salt and pepper, to taste
2-3 chicken cutlets, in chunks
2 cans corn niblets
2 cans creamed corn
2 large potatoes, diced very small
3 cups vegetable broth
1 can coconut milk (full-fat)
Directions for Crock-Pot:
1. In a frying pan, sauté the onions in the olive oil with all the spices for 20 minutes, until very soft.
2. Add to Crock-Pot with the rest of the ingredients.
3. Set on high for 4-5 hours.
4. When done, remove the chicken pieces and shred.
5. Add the shredded chicken back into the soup and serve.
For the Instant Pot:
1. Sauté the onions in the olive oil with all the spices on sauté setting for about 10 minutes.
2. Add all the corn and the potatoes, mix well with the onions and spices, and let sauté for another 5 minutes.
3. Add the rest of the ingredients to the pot.
4. Cover and set on pressure cooker for 25-30 minutes.
5. Remove chicken and shred. Add back to pot and serve.
Tip: You can use leftover chicken from Shabbos or buy a rotisserie chicken from the grocery store if you want to keep the soup pareve. Just add the chicken to the bowls when you serve.