Summer fruit make the best desserts! You’ll want to try this recipe while blueberries are still in season!
Place blueberry jam in the pie shell and cover with the corn pudding. Pipe the meringue on top and torch with a blow torch until golden brown.
2 containers blueberries
1 cup sugar
Zest of 1 lemon
Juice of 15 corns
Freeze-dried corn (available on Amazon)
Margarine or butter
2½ cups all-purpose flour
1 cup margarine or butter, cubed and cold
½ cup sugar
¼ cup water
2 egg whites
- Toss blueberries with sugar, a pinch of salt and lemon zest and let macerate for 12 hours in a warm spot.
- After 12 hours, place blueberry mixure into a pot and cook on a low flame until thick, syrupy and jammy.
- Transfer to a blender and blend on high until smooth; season with a pinch of salt.
- Strain through a chinois and chill
- Juice 15 ears of corn by removing corn from the cob and putting it through a juicer.
- Strain and reduce on a slow heat until reduced by half.
- Add to blender and add equal parts freeze-dried corn until super smooth.
- Season with lime zest and salt.
- Mount with margarine or butter by adding the cold fat to the blender and mixing until smooth.
- Mix flour and fats until it resembles coarse crumbs.
- Add 1 teaspoon of water at a time until dough comes together.
- Split dough into 2 pieces and mold into a flat disk.
- Cover each piece with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Remove it from the fridge and roll between parchment paper until thin and cut a circle about ½ inch wider than your pie mold.
- Gently place the pie dough in the mold and trim and crimp the dough; bake at 350°F until golden brown and let chill at room temperature.
- In a pot, bring water and sugar to a boil.
- In a mixer fitted with a whisk attachment, add egg whites and juice from lemon wedge and start whipping; slowly drizzle the boiling sugar into the bowl of the mixer while on high.
- Whip until emulsified and smooth.