Cheeseless Mushroom Pizza
Who says pizza must have cheese? This cheeseless pizza has so much flavor you won’t even miss it. Serve this as an entree at a fleishig dinner to shake things up a bit.
Yield: 4-6 servings
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
6 oz. baby bella mushrooms, stems on, thinly sliced
6 oz. button mushrooms, stems on, thinly sliced
½ teaspoon garlic powder
2 teaspoons coconut aminos
1 pizza crust, store-bought (rectangle, if available)
½ cup pizza sauce (recipe follows)
¼ cup pine nuts, toasted
2-4 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
½ cup Tuscanini Balsamic Vinegar
3 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
1. Preheat oven to 425°F or as per
pizza crust directions.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add mushrooms and drizzle with another 2 tablespoons oil. Saute for 5 minutes, until mushrooms are softened, all moisture has evaporated and mushrooms are lightly browned.
3. Add garlic powder and coconut aminos, then cook for another minute. Place mushrooms on a paper towel-lined plate to absorb any liquid.
4. Prepare a sheet pan lined with parchment paper. Place crust on the paper and spray the whole crust with olive oil or brush with remaining tablespoon olive oil.
5. Leaving a 1-inch crust around the edges, top crust with pizza sauce and mushrooms. Bake according to package directions, until crust is golden.
6. Meanwhile, to make balsamic glaze: In a small saucepan, bring vinegar and honey or sugar to a boil, then reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for about 8 minutes or until thickened. Let cool. Pour into a squeeze bottle and set aside.
7. Remove pizza from the oven. Sprinkle with pine nuts and chopped parsley. Slice into wedges. Drizzle with balsamic glaze and serve.
This sauce can also be used on a delicious lasagna, pizza or a simple pasta dish.
Yield: 4 servings
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 onion, chopped finely
1 clove garlic, minced
1 (14 oz.) can crushed tomatoes,
no salt added
1 tablespoon Tuscanini Tomato
¼ teaspoon salt
⅛ teaspoon black pepper
½ teaspoon oregano
½ teaspoon basil
1. Heat oil in a medium saucepan, then add onion. Cook on a low-medium flame until soft, about 3 minutes. Add garlic, stir, and cook for 2 more minutes.
2. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and spices. Stir to combine and cook for
3 more minutes. Taste and season