A light summer dinner is sometimes all you need. Cook the delicate fish on a barbecue with a grill basket or cedar plank!
2 whole branzini, gutted and scaled
3 tablespoons olive oil, divided, plus more for serving
Salt, to taste
Black pepper, to taste
4 sprigs fresh thyme
6 cloves garlic, smashed
Vegetable oil, for grilling
Fresh parsley or cilantro, for garnish
1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
2. Brush the cavity of each fish with a tablespoon olive oil. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Slice one lemon thinly. Stuff each fish cavity with thyme, garlic and lemon slices.
4. Cut remaining lemon in half. Brush outside of fish and lemon halves with remaining tablespoon olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
5. Brush the grill with vegetable oil. Grill fish for 5-7 minutes on each side, and lemons for 2-3 minutes.
6. Transfer fish to a platter and drizzle with olive oil. Serve with fresh herbs and grilled lemon wedges.
Tip: When grilling fish it’s important not to disturb the fish while grilling to ensure the skin and flesh remain intact. Use a thin metal spatula to turn the fish, or grill on a cedar plank.