For all those chocoholics out there (me included) these soft and chewy, triple chocolate cookies will send you to chocolate heaven.
1 cup (2 sticks) margarine
4 pareve chocolate bars (14 ounces)
2 cups brown sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
4 cups flour
½ teaspoon baking powder
1½ cups chopped pecans
¾ cup coffee chocolate chips
½ cup white chocolate chips
1 cup chocolate chunks
- Melt the margarine and chocolate in the microwave or a double boiler. If using a microwave, take out the bowl to stir the mixture every 30 seconds so it doesn’t burn.
- In a mixing bowl, beat the eggs, brown sugar, and vanilla until pale and creamy, about 5 minutes at medium speed. The mixture will thicken up and become slightly frothy.
- Stir the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, then gently stir in the flour and baking powder.
- With a spatula, fold in the chopped nuts, chocolate chips, and chunks. (Reserve some of the chips and chunks for the topping.) Place the mixing bowl in the fridge and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Once the cookie dough has hardened in the fridge, using an ice cream scoop, drop cookie dough balls onto the lined baking sheet. Dot the cookies with the remaining chocolate chips and chunks. Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool before serving.
Yield: 36 cookies