2 pieces sushi-grade salmon
1 ear of corn
Sprigs of fresh dill
Salt and pepper, to taste
¼ teaspoon chili powder
Drizzle of good-quality olive oil
Pickled red onion (recipe below)
Pickled Red Onion
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 cup apple cider
½ cup red wine vinegar
¼ cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the pickles. Combine the apple cider, red wine vinegar, sugar, and salt in a pot. Simmer until the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat.
- Toss onions into the pickling mixture. When the mixture is completely cool, transfer to the fridge.
- Prepare the crudo. Char the corn in a grill pan. Slice off the kernels over a bowl.
- With a very sharp knife, cut the salmon into thin slices. Lay the salmon on a plate and squeeze lime juice over it.
- Scatter the charred corn, pickled red onion, and dill over the salmon.
- Drizzle olive oil. Sprinkle chili powder, salt, and pepper.
- If not serving immediately, place in the fridge. The crudo should be served ice-cold.
Yield: 2 servings