2 cups flour (I used white whole-wheat)
¾ teaspoon baking powder
1 cup sugar (up to 1½ cups if you prefer these sweeter)
½ cup oil
2 teaspoon vanilla
1½ cups toasted chopped almonds
1½ cups chopped pecans
¾ cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Prepare 2 long loaf pans by spraying with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, baking powder, and sugar. Add oil, eggs, and vanilla. Mix well. Add almonds, pecans, and chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the two greased loaf pans. Bake for 55 minutes.
- Let cool 10-15 minutes. Slice into 1-inch slices and transfer to a lined baking sheet, cut side down.
- Lower oven temperature to 300ºF. Bake for an additional 20-25 minutes, depending on how crisp you like your biscotti.
Yield: 30-35 biscotti