6 tablespoons butter
⅔ cup brown sugar
½ cup flour
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 cup chocolate chips
16 ounces heavy cream
1 cup confectioner’s sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
Ice Cream Sandwich Waffle
1½ cups buttermilk (1½ cups milk + 1½ tablespoons lemon juice)
1¾ cups flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
½ cup (1 stick) melted French butter
For the Topping
Toppings of your choice (I used crushed peanuts and rainbow sprinkles)
- In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, combine butter and brown sugar. Add in flour and vanilla, and mix. Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Roll dough into a disc and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for at least 30 minutes or until firm. Remove from fridge and chop into small pieces. Set aside.
- Prepare the ice cream. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, whip the eggs until fluffy. Add in heavy cream, confectioner’s sugar, and vanilla. Whip again. Stir in cookie dough pieces. Freeze until firm.
- Prepare the waffles. Heat a waffle iron.
- Make the buttermilk. Combine lemon juice and milk in a bowl and let it sit for 10 minutes or until curdled.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a bowl.
- Once milk has curdled, add eggs and melted butter. Combine the wet and dry ingredients. Ladle into a hot waffle iron.
- When waffles have cooked and cooled, place ice cream in between two waffle pieces. Freeze until firm.
- Dip one edge of the sandwich into melted chocolate and then immediately into a topping of your choice. Freeze until firm.
Yield: 9 to 10 sandwiches