7 egg whites
1½ cups white sugar
9 egg yolks
1 cup white flour, sifted
¾ cup cornstarch
1½ cups strawberry purée or puréed frozen strawberries
½ cup water
¼ cup sugar
Strawberry Soft Cream:
1⅓ cups strawberry purée or puréed frozen strawberries
⅓ cup sugar
3 egg yolks
10 tablespoons cubed butter
4 tablespoons cream cheese
4 ounces low-fat cream cheese
8 egg yolks
½ cup sugar
16 ounces heavy cream
¾ cup 2% or whole milk
- Prepare the Biscuit: Preheat oven to 350ºF. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip egg whites and sugar into a sturdy foam. Fold yolks into the egg whites.
- Fold the dry ingredients into the egg mixture and then transfer to a 12×16-inch baking pan lined with parchment paper. Bake for about 12 minutes.
- Prepare the strawberry syrup. In a small pot, combine all ingredients and cook for 8 minutes. Refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Prepare the strawberry soft cream: In a saucepan, bring strawberries, sugar, eggs, and yolks to a boil while stirring. Place the cubes of butter in a tall, narrow container and pour the contents of the pot onto the butter.
- Mix together with immersion blender and place covered in refrigerator to cool.
- Prepare the cheese cream: In a large bowl, mix regular and low-fat cream cheese.
- In a small pot, bring the cream and the milk to a boil.
- In a separate bowl, mix egg yolks and sugar.
- Pour the hot milk over the egg yolks and mix well. Return mixture to the saucepan. Return to the heat and cook while stirring, until it thickens. Remove from the heat, pour the hot mixture over the cheeses and blend to a smooth mixture. Refrigerate until assembly.
- Assemble. Place a circular piece of biscuit on the bottom of each glass. Pour hot strawberry syrup to cover the biscuit. Leave for 5 minutes until well absorbed and then refrigerate.
- With an immersion blender, blend the strawberry cream and the cheese cream and, using a pastry bag, build layers of your choice in the glasses.
Note: Place glasses in the freezer between adding layers to maintain layer and color separation.
- Decorate the glasses before serving with some whipped cream and red chocolate pieces. It is recommended to serve cold and in small portions.
Yield: 15 cups