¼ cup (½ stick) melted butter
35 caramels, such as Arcor Butter Toffees (caramel or milk flavor)
3 tablespoons milk
1 cup chopped pecans (optional but recommended)
4 (8-ounce) packages brick-style cream cheese, at room temperature
1 cup sugar
1½ teaspoons vanilla extract
4 eggs, at room temperature
Caramel cream and pecans, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cover bottom of an 8-inch springform pan with parchment paper. Combine crumbs and butter. Press firmly onto pan.
- In a saucepan over low heat, melt caramels with milk until smooth. Add in chopped pecans. Pour over crust.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well-blended. Add eggs one at a time. Mix just until combined. Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour, until center is almost set. Let cool and refrigerate for 8 hours.
- Top or drizzle with caramel cream and garnish with nuts if desired.
Yield: 1 large cake
This is no ordinary cheesecake! A super-rich and creamy filling coupled with a praline layer and caramel topping make this a cheesecake you’ll want to make again and again.