¾ cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
½ teaspoon salt
1½ teaspoons cinnamon
½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
½ teaspoon ground ginger
1 cup milk (or nondairy milk substitute)
½ cup oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1½ cups confectioner’s sugar
½ teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons maple syrup
2 tablespoons oil
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2-3 tablespoons milk (or nondairy milk substitute)Garnish (optional)
¾ cup coconut flakes
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 12 doughnut molds well. In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, and spices.
- Make a well in the center and add egg, milk, oil, and vanilla. Whisk until smooth.
- Fill doughnut molds almost to the top. Bake for 11-12 minutes, or until doughnuts spring back when touched and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, spread coconut flakes out on a baking sheet and toast in oven for about 8 minutes, or until golden.
- Let doughnuts cool completely in molds for a few minutes before easing them out of the molds with a knife.
- Prepare the glaze. Whisk together ingredients until smooth. Dip the top of each doughnut into the glaze, coating evenly. Sprinkle with toasted coconut before glaze sets.
Yield: 12 doughnuts