Another delicious side dish to add to any milchig meal. And this one is so colorful, it really adds pizzazz to a Yom Tov seudah. Great on taste, light on calories…this will be a favorite!
1 large spaghetti squash
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 medium onion, diced
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 beefsteak tomatoes, diced
¾ cup feta cheese, crumbled
3 tablespoons sliced black olives
2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare a baking sheet by lining it and spraying it with nonstick cooking spray.
- Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds with a spoon. Place the cut side down. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a sauté pan. Add onion and sauté 5 to 7 minutes. Add garlic, then tomatoes. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes more, until vegetables are soft.
- Using a fork, scrape the strands from the squash.
- Place in a serving bowl and toss with sautéed vegetables. Add feta cheese and black olives, and toss. Top with basil and serve.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings