This recipe makes a huge triple batch, enough for a party or the entire week of Chanukah. You don’t have to bake all the muffins at once either. The batter will stay fresh in the refrigerator for up to three days.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter and sugar and beat until smooth. Add in eggs, one at a time, and beat to combine.
3. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg.
4. In a measuring cup, combine the milk and buttermilk.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the mixing bowl, then add the milk mixture and beat to combine.
6. Scoop batter into each muffin cup, until batter is even with the rim of each cup. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
7. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt butter. In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon. Once muffins come out of the oven and are cool enough to handle, brush them with butter (or dip them) and roll in the cinnamon-sugar mixture.
Yield: 36 muffins